Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Mack-Daddy . . .


The guy that is mixing the TV mix for the GMA Dove Awards tonight is THE MACK-DADDY of mixing for TV as far as I am concerned. I'd love to sit at this guys feet for a while to learn how he does what he does. With the exception of missing a couple of mic cues he has been spot on.

I am often frustrated by anything that is produced and broadcast live without any post-production. Most of the time it just stinks. Think back to Prince's performance at the Super Bowl a couple of years ago if you want a perfect example of what I am talking about. The performance was probably stellar - but you'd never know it by the mix they put on TV. This guy tonight really has it nailed.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Hire me and I'll make it close to that good.. :)