Sunday, May 11, 2008

Church today . . .

Church today was awesome. The choir was all men and HUGE. One of the songs they did, A Mighty Fortress is Our God, was a home run. It started off with the keyboard patch being a huge pipe organ sound then at the chorus Will (for some reason Will goes by Jackson on his MySpace page) came in on the E. Guitar with a roaring sound. The overall sound reminded me of something that TSO would put together. There is no way I can describe here how good it was. The only thing missing was the lighting - but they made up for it - in one part of the song the house lights came down and all the guys help up their cell phones for a cool effect. I wish I could have been mixing FOH just because the whole thing was so fun, but there is no way I could have made it any better than Jim did.

No comments: