Tuesday, May 27, 2008

To finish well we need to remember that we are blessed . . .

This is point five of eight. You can read points one, two, three and four by clicking on these numbers. This is taken from a sermon Rocky taught a few weeks ago. The points are his – the screw ups mine. The material was just too good to not pass along.

To finish well I need to remember that I am blessed. God is the source of my time, my abilities and all my resources. I am very blessed. I have a great wife. I have outstanding kids. I live in a good neighborhood. I attend a great church. I work at an amazing Christian company. Looking back over my life and into those times that were rough – I was really being blessed through those times too - even when I could not see it. God’s hand was at work in my life. He ordered the road ahead of me. I don’t expect life to always be so rosy – but I do need to always be thankful for what I have and remember the source.

So how do I roll this point into leadership? I think one of my jobs is to help my team keep this in mind. Instead of me taking credit for some project going great I need to acknowledge that God’s hand helped us get it done. Instead of me taking credit for giving them a raise I need to defer that glory to God. It is easy as a leader to get caught up in myself – they are doing great because of me - because of MY leadership . . . right. My employees are doing great because of Him. All they have comes from Him. I’m just a hindrance to Him if left to my natural self. I need to stay out of the way of the Father and allow them to see that anything good that comes from me to them is REALLY from God to them.

No comments: