Thursday, July 10, 2008

Palm Centro review . . .

A couple of weeks ago I swapped my Samsung phone out for the Palm Centro that Verizon Wireless is now carrying. Here are my thoughts so far . . .

PROS:
Size - the thing is tiny compared to other PDA type phones.
Speed - it is faster than the Treo 755p.
Voice Clarity - it seems that people hear me clearer than the 755p.

CONS:
Stylus - pretty much sucks. Very flimsy.
Keyboard - my big thumbs are mistyping a lot now.
Case Material - I wish they had kept the rubberized case from the 755p.
Battery Life - I'm going to get an external charger and another battery.

Overall I am pleased with this phone so far. It is way better they the Samsung SCH-i760 that I was trying out. One of the cool things about my job is that I get to try out new phones to see if they will work in our organization. I've had 4 different phones so far this year. The Palm Treo 755p is my favorite so far but followed closely by the Palm Centro.

No comments: