Tuesday, September 9, 2008

UPDATE: Barracuda Link Balancer 430

I finally got some time to today to get the Barracuda Link Balancer 430 (that I previously posted about) setup in a lab environment. Two words . . . so easy!

From start to finish it took me about 15 minutes and that included the time to do the firmware update and time to scratch my head a couple of times. The interface is well thought out and makes sense. I really like the main screen having the inbound/outbound loads being graphically displayed.

I'll leave it in the lab until we deploy it live - which should be in 2-3 weeks. When we deploy live we will initially put 3 cable modems on it and 1 DSL and expand out as needed.

The only gripe I have (so far) is that switching between screens can be sluggish at times - even when I am not saving data. My Barracuda Spam Firewall is only sluggish when I am filtering the message log. Maybe I'm just being picky.

The picture is a screen shot from the unit as it sits in my lab right now. After we deploy I will put out some additional shots showing the graphs for each WAN connection and also post more about the features I like and things I hope they fix. Right now I am very satisfied with this product.

No comments: