Wednesday, October 8, 2008

iPhone saga update . . .

I am almost a month into my iPhone testing. So far I really like the phone a lot. Ty couldn't stand the AT&T coverage so he swapped to a Blackberry (which we have also started testing) from Verizon. He is bringing up the Blackberry server today and I'll post more about our Blackberry experience later.

I put two end-users on the iPhone. One in North Carolina and one here in Knoxville. Both have report positive results so far and like it. The guy in NC reports that the thing has better coverage than his Verizon phone did so that is a big plus . . . I just wish that AT&T had better coverage in Knoxville. Ty reported that while he was still on AT&T last week he went to Atlanta and noticed a significant improvement in signal level - so it must just be a Knoxville thing. Maybe they do have more bars in more places after all . . .

I think as long as the testing continues to go well with my two testers I'll probably go ahead and open this device up for use within our company for the management team.

1 comment:

Ryan Yorde said...

Thank you for posting on your testing progress. I am very interested in your results! I have a blackberry with ATT and its working great but it still wont do everything i want it to do... I hope the iPhone is up to the task!