Monday, November 17, 2008

Wedding Planning: Week 2 . . .

We spent yesterday working on Katie's wedding. The invite list is finally done and the last of them mailed today. They have their honeymoon spot picked out. We planned through the ceremony elements and the reception and all that is almost finalized. Kyle still has to make a decision about what to wear and Katie has to get some shoes. Things between Leann and Katie have smoothed out since last Monday and they seem to be getting along much better. At least I'm not getting text messages and phone calls from them anymore asking me to intercede.

Katie is struggling with the decision of who should walk her down the aisle. She told her mom that she wants me to do it - but she knows her dad (Katie is my step-daughter) may give her a hard time. Nevermind that he is not paying one cent for his daughter's medical, education, or wedding. I've raised her since she was almost two years old and wouldn't treat her any different if she were my blood daughter. I love her too much to have this be a problem for her. Last night when we were planning the ceremony I tried to make it easy on her and just told her, "this is the part when your dad will walk you down." She didn't bite on it. She said she needed to think about it. I feel bad for her and I wish she understood that I just want her to be happy and it really isn't a big deal for me.

26 days to go . . .

No comments: