Saturday, December 13, 2008

It is done . . .

Leann and I are dead tired. She came to bed last night at 2:30 am. I went to bed at 1:30. What a long 24 hours. Last night I spent a few minutes having one last tea party with my girl. I stopped at Wally-World on the way home and bought a toy Disney princess tea set. I set it up and brought her in and we had tea with a stuffed rabbit. It is something I didn't do enough of when she was little. Sad it is my last one but I am looking forward to this new way of relating to her - new way of loving her. I gave her some last minute father's advice and just spent a few minutes alone with her.

The wedding was really good. Katie was so beautiful. I've done sound for a lot of weddings and I got in the habit a long time ago of watching the groom's face when his bride enters and is walking to him. You learn a lot about how the guy really feels in those few seconds. I watched Kyle closely. I saw how much he loves my daughter - he was doing his best to hold back tears. He is a good boy I think.

Randy should have a few pictures up soon and I'll post them here when he does. In the mean time here is one I took of Kyle's car. I've never seen this done before. Those are post-it notes that folks have written messages on.

3 comments:

RandySartin said...

Randy's got everything downloaded and is getting ready to start processing a few, I'll try to get a few up tonight and will post a comment here when I do. 1005 images to sort through. Excellent wedding, Katie was gorgeous, Kyle was handsome, I had a blast!

Randy Sartin said...

I now have a few pictures posted on my blog. We got a lot of very exciting images!

Jason said...

She is all grown up! What a lovely bride. All my best to you and the family my friend.