Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Changes ...

Monday is the last day we use Numara Track-It! They have a decent enough product but I have found their development team slow to listen to users and the maintenance cost way over priced.

Of course a good IT department must have help desk software ... so what are we going to do and how much is it going to cost?

I'll start with the second question first ... FREE! That is right FREE. Let me introduce you to
Spiceworks. Spiceworks is FREE help desk software. But it is also so much more ... it is a community of IT professionals. Over 1.7 million to date.

Spiceworks has been running in my lab since May. It is easy to install and configure. The interface is intuitive. The community is helpful. Those are three things I could never say about Track-IT!.

We go live with it and our end-users on November 1st. I am looking forward to it.

No comments: